Monday, December 19, 2011

Pheasant Feathers

Last Monday when I brought my son to pre-school I met Steve. Steve is Eddie's dad and he told me that he had just gone pheasant hunting with his 8 year old daughter. I said "ooh, I have been looking for pheasant feathers" and he told me that he would bring me some. The next school day he brought me an entire bag of feathers (still attached to bone). I wanted to pay him but he said no so instead I made his daughter a necklace using a few of the feathers. I stayed up last night to make this necklace and gave it to him today.
I used an antique skeleton key, delicas, czech glass beads, a bird link and silk ribbon.

2 comments:

Kala said...

Wow, this piece is amazing. I love the bright colored beadwork mixed with the pheasant feathers. I bet she loved this necklace.

Charming Peggy said...

Thanks Kala!